A New Atlanta Hotspot – The Works at Chattahoochee
April 15, 2022 marks one year since The Works opened in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia’s Upper Westside. Though it is still a work in progress, there are plenty of reasons to visit this mixed-use development, from dining, to shopping, to entertainment.
Location: 1295 Chattahoochee Ave NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
Hours: Daily 7am-10pm, Individual shop hours vary
What is The Works Atlanta?
The Works at Chattahoochee is an entertainment hub that plans to eventually incorporate 350,000 square feet of retail and amusement, 500,000 square feet of office space, 500 residences, 200 hotel rooms and 13 acres of green space that will make this a real Atalanta hotspot. Currently, it’s the site of the Chattahoochee Food Works food hall, green areas, office spaces, retail stores, and more. Below, we share with you some of the more recent openings and events, but watch out, because this is just the beginning.
Food & Drinks
Chattahoochee Food Works is a destination in itself with 31 vendors, a 25,000 square-foot food hall and events space. Celebrity chef, Andrew Zimmern, and New York’s Gansevoort Market creator, Robert Montwaid, set out to highlight the best of “Atlanta’s exciting food scene with restaurant stalls, creative chef concepts, and the regions’ top culinary talent.”
- Inside the food works, you’ll find restaurants like the Grub Truck Stop, which was previously mentioned in our Top Atlanta Podcasts of 2022 blog. Jashaun and Lauren Lowery, owners of the Grub Truck, claim their “food is so comforting, guests will want to nap, post bite.”
- You can also experience the Taqueria La Luz, “the newest Mexican street food concept crafted exclusively for Chattahoochee Food Works” by twins Luis and Lucero Martinez-Obregon.
- If you’re craving something healthy, consider Selvasana which “will fill the void for those that want a healthy food option when on the go.” Or eat and shop by visiting Summer Breeze Flowers. The Chattahoochee Food Works offers something for everyone.
Scofflaw Brewing Company opened a location in The Works called Dr. Scofflaw’s. Founded in 2015 by Matt Shirah and Travis Herman, Scofflaw has been recognized by Beer Advocate, Craft Beer & Brewing, and USA Today as one of the “Best New Craft Breweries in America.”
The Waffle Experience will deliver “ a unique take on the popular breakfast and brunch staple,” and is scheduled to open its first east coast location at The Works.
Services & Shopping
Health & Wellness
Stellar Bodies “is a multi-faceted fitness experience using a combination of resistance and counter-resistance with select modified Pilates movements to attain maximum strengthening, toning and muscle lengthening.“
Entertainment & Amenities
American Axes is a family-owned business promoting safe, easy, and most importantly, fun axe throwing experiences. American Axes at The Works in Atlanta is the flagship location and occupies 3,065 square feet.
The Camp is a one-acre signature park with a mature growth tree canopy. The Camp is considered “a gift back to the neighborhood; you’ll find playful objects, collaborative seating arrangements, and inviting spaces programmed for people of all ages to have fun, relax and be social.”
The Spur is a quarter-mile linear pedestrian park consisting of pathways, seating areas, and art features running north to south in The Works.
Your 3rd Spot, scheduled to open Spring 2022, has been considered, “the Eatertainment Concept of the Future” by FSR Magazine. It plans on featuring 26,000 square feet of upscale entertainment options like boutique bowling, a classic arcade, billiards, shuffleboard, ping pong, and curling including a 4,000 square-foot activity-based patio with lawn games. The goal is to, “blend elements of a bar, restaurant, beer garden, and social club in a vibe-forward environment.”
Conisus was founded in 1999 and is based in Atlanta. It is a “leading provider of strategic medical communication services to the biopharmaceutical industry.”
Uppercut, founded in 2015, is a “premier creative studio with global reach,” with offices in The Works of Atlanta.
The Works still has office spaces available, and provides the aforementioned amenities, green spaces, shops and restaurants.
Check out these special events in April and stay tuned for more fun at The Works in Atlanta.
- Sunday FUNKday, Sundays in April at 1:00pm at the Camp
- Spring (music) Break on Saturdays in April at 4:00pm at the Camp
- Comedy in the Camp, April 14, 2022 at 8:00pm
- Hoppy Easter: Kids’ Egg Hunt, April 16, 2022 at 11:00am at the Makers Building
- Upper Westside Ale Trail, April 30, 2022 at 12:00pm